Saturday, January 17, 2015

74HC595 breakout board

Recently I've bought a bunch of cheap 74HC595 shift register IC's. But SOIC case is not suitable for solderless breadboard. I didn't want to buy this IC's in a DIP case too, so I've made my own breakout board for them.
Single side PCB with 3 jumper wires on top side. Not so small as Adafruit's (for example), but easy to make with laser printer and iron. Supports daisy chain.


Etched PCB's


Ready to make

Almost ready 16-bit module

Single 8-bit units

Bottom side

Testing 16-bit module.
 For testing purposes 16-bit module was connected to my Mega88 devboard with simple program. LED indicator in dynamic mode. 595 bus frequency ~2.5 MHz (no s/w delays, 8 MHz AVR clock). Even with long bus wires works fine =)


Chained modules
Files (DipTrace 2.4):

No comments:

Post a Comment