Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Macro photo: Mobile phone + DVD-RW head lens [Junk box experiments]

Today I've found an old dead DVD-RW drive in my box with junk. I decided to test macro photo with my mobile phone cam (Samsung B7350, 3 Mpx) and a drive head lens. Just for lulz.

Disassembled drive head

Test object is drive main PCB full of tiny markings, SMD components and thin traces.

Test area
Let's start) Lens is placed close to camera "glass", auto-focus is on.

SOIC IC
Res nets, 0402 capacitors and edge of TSSOP IC

SMD components (0402) and some contacts of connector
Some control points and thin PCB traces
 And this photo was taken with lens and AF setting off.

Res nets
Fail. AF enabled is much better)
I'll try to make a holder for this lens. Good quality macro lens for totally free =)

No comments:

Post a Comment